Friday, April 22, 2011

San Antonio pop fest / interpol


Interpol is playing a sold out show in helotes tonight. There are about 20 of us at the San Antonio pop fest making our own history.





Saturday night satelites are insane. Like Jesus and Mary chain meets man or astroman meets syd Barrett. And now their playing their dance number!

Joe Reyes and Eric sanden from buttercup. Quoting myself they're "so good it makes me f*cking sick!".





Interpol will probably go on soon. I can't help thinking that while David Bowie was selling out arenas, down the road Joe strummer was playing his heart out with the 101ers to 15 people.

Whiskey ships are now on. Im drinking a lone star and bobbing my head. This is what I remember tacoland feeling like. I even see members of the tacoland family out!






Leatherbag brings a coolness to the show.





His version of Egyptian reggae got me up and moving. Otherwise he's like a planet waves era Dylan for the 2010s.

And for now that's all she wrote for popfest. Hope you enjoyed Interpol. Rosedale highs to hit the stage soon. Hope people stick around. While most people are enjoying the present others are creating the future. Stay tuned for part 2 of pop fest blog.

Jason from rosedale highs

No comments:

Post a Comment